Great Futures for Kids
Boys & Girls Clubs of the East Valley (BGCEV) annually conducts our Great Futures for Kids (formerly know as Guardians for Kids) - GFK, which is designed to ensure that BGCEV programs and services are available to the children and families who come to us, and they will not be turned away due to lack of financial resources. During these challenging times for us all, BGCEV’s demand for programs and services by families for their children escalates, which is exactly why GFK is in place.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the East Valley annually served over 36,000 youth in nine communities at twelve branches in 2016.
- Since 1963 we have been serving youth in the East Valley.
- Membership is as follows: 56% are male, 44% are female, and over 70% are minorities.
- Over 65% of our members qualify for Free and Reduced Lunches and almost 50% reside in a single parent household.
- We are open 300+ days per year.
- On a daily average during the school year, we provide impact filled programs and services to 1,375 youth and teens.
- During the summer, we serve 1,300 members daily, on average.
- We are the only Boys & Girls Club organization in the state to have its own K-8 Charter School; the Mesa Arts Academy- MAA is ranked among the top ten Charter Schools in Arizona and is an Excelling School and an A+ School.
- Only 20% of our income comes from Program and Membership fees. We have to raise the other 80%
- Our annual Membership fee is $25.00 per year. The average cost to the organization per youth is $500.00 per year.
- We provide over 7,000 fee waivers each year to families who cannot afford to pay.
Great Futures for Kids: Tax Credit Program
Please consider one of the following GFK Program gift investments:
- $25 - 1 youth club membership for 1 year
- $50 - 2 youth club memberships for 1 year
- $125 - 5 youth club memberships for 1 year
- $250 - 10 youth club memberships for 1 year
- $500 - 20 youth club memberships for 1 year
- $625 - 25 youth club memberships for 1 year
- $1,250 - 50 youth club memberships for 1 year
- $2,500 - 100 youth club memberships for 1 year
- $5,000 - 200 youth club memberships for 1 year
- $10,000 - 400 youth club memberships for 1 year